Holiday Rides with Henry
RSC Alliance member and Super Domestique Henry van den Broek is treating us all to a series of holiday rides! If you are looking to end the year with great rides and good company, join us out on the road during the week of December 24 through the end of the year. We are riding some of our favorite routes with great food stops along the way. We are even bringing back last year’s Snowflake Century – a one hundred-mile ride in the shape of a snowflake!
If you complete the whole series you will be rewarded with a grand total of 375 miles in an eight day span – an awesome way to finish your season. All rides will start and end at the Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA. See below for mileage and GPS routes.
We’re now offering a commemorative t-shirt to celebrate your riding at this time of year and to offer a bit of motivation this spring if you aren’t feeling like riding. It’ll remind you of the riding you’ve done on the shortest and coldest days of the year!
- Saturday 12/24: To Blue Moon Cafe in Medfield MA – 58 miles* – (.5 mile gravel section)
- Monday 12/26: Woodmans in Essex – 80 miles* – (1 mile gravel road)
- Tuesday 12/27: Stow– 40 Miles
- Wednesday 12/28: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn – 60 miles
- Friday 12/30: Snowflake Century – 100 miles (Departs 7:30am)
- Saturday 12/31: The RSC Espresso Ride to close out the series – 37 miles
A few things to remember:
- If you haven’t filled out our Ride Waiver, you must do it online here prior to attending the first ride.
- Please carefully read and be ready to ride by our Riding Rules.
- All rides will depart from RSC at 8:30am with the exception of the Snowflake Century which will roll out at 7:30am.
- The Cafe will be open for food and drinks at the start of the rides. However, our bike shop employees will not be available. If you need something before the ride, please email us a day in advance.
- These are drop rides. The average pace of the rides is 17mph. If you cannot maintain the pace of the group you will need to find your way home. It is fine if you would like to see if you can hang with the group, just communicate with Henry if you need to drop off of the ride at any point.
- Please consider the weather when choosing your tires. We recommend fenders for wet conditions.
- All the rides’ routes and distances are subject to change depending on weather and road conditions. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates.
Make sure you are well-equipped for the cold and wintry conditions. At Ride Studio we have a great selection of new winter apparel from our friends at 45NRTH , Velocio, and Giordana that is sure to keep you warm and comfortable out on the road. We have great options for studded tires, a must-have for riding on icy roads.
We look forward to finishing 2016 with you in style! Have fun and ride safe.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Ride Studio Cafe!