Holiday Rides with Henry 2017
Holiday Rides with Henry is back for 2017! If you are looking to end the year with great rides and good company, join us out on the road during the week of December 24 through the end of the year. We are riding some of our favorite routes with great food stops along the way. We are even bringing back the traditional Snowflake Century – a one hundred-mile ride in the shape of a snowflake!If you complete the whole series you will be rewarded with a grand total of 437 miles in an eight day span – an awesome way to finish your season. All rides will start and end at the Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA. See below for mileage and GPS routes.
All rides roll out from Ride Studio at 8:30am except the snowflake century on Saturday, 12/30. The average pace of each ride is 17mph except Friday, 12/29 which is 16mph.
- Sunday, 12/24: To Blue Moon Cafe in Medfield MA – 58 miles* – (.5 mile gravel section)
- Monday 12/25: Christmas Day. No official ride.
- Tuesday, 12/26: Woodmans in Essex – 80 miles* – (1 mile gravel road)
- Wednesday, 12/27: Stow– 40 Miles
- Thursday, 12/28: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn – 60 miles
- Friday, 12/29: Pioneer Metric Ride, dirt roads included! – 16mph, 63 mi
- Saturday 12/30: Snowflake Century – 100 miles (Departs 7:30am – Cafe opens at 7am for riders)
- Sunday 12/31: Henry’s Hindmost Ride – 36 miles
A few things to remember:
- If you haven’t filled out our Ride Waiver, you must do it online here prior to attending the first ride.
- Please carefully read and be ready to ride by our Riding Rules.
- All rides will depart from RSC at 8:30am with the exception of the Snowflake Century which will roll out at 7:30am. Cafe opens at 7am for riders.
- The Cafe will be open for food and drinks at the start of the rides. However, our bike shop employees will not be available. If you need something before the ride, please email us a day in advance.
- These are drop rides. The average pace of the rides is 17mph. If you cannot maintain the pace of the group you will need to find your way home. It is fine if you would like to see if you can hang with the group, just communicate with Henry if you need to drop off of the ride at any point.
- Please consider the weather when choosing your tires. We recommend fenders for wet conditions.
- All the rides’ routes and distances are subject to change depending on weather and road conditions. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates.
Make sure you are well-equipped for the cold and wintry conditions. At Ride Studio we have a great selection of new winter apparel from our friends at 45NRTH, Cafe du Cycliste, and Velocio that is sure to keep you warm and comfortable out on the road. We have great options for studded tires, a must-have for riding on icy roads.
We look forward to finishing 2017 with you in style! Have fun and ride safe.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Ride Studio Cafe!