We’re hiring more people at Ride Studio Cafe! We’re looking for friendly, smart, career-oriented people to join the RSC group.
The Ride Studio Cafe is a combination high-end bike studio and coffee-bar located in Lexington, Massachusetts. Lexington is a short 10-minute drive from Arlington Center and about 25 minutes from Somerville’s Davis Square.
Role: Sales Advisor
- Sales — Responsible for selling bicycles, merchandise, and services offered at the store. Understand customer needs, build brand loyalty, and grow repeat customer base.
- Customer Service — Assist customers in every aspect of their experience with the store to ensure an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Bike Mechanics — Ability, when needed, to perform basic repairs and maintenance on bicycles.
- Inventory Management — Oversee onsite inventory; responsible for parts and accessory ordering.
- Availability to consistently work weekend hours is mandatory for this position.
- Experience in a high-end retail sales environment with proven history of sales generation is important for success in this position. A track record of operating from a mindset where the customer’s experience is the number one performance measure is essential.
Role: Bike Fitter
- Working one-on-one with bike clients to determine proper bike fit on existing bikes and for future custom-built bikes.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients
- Communicate effectively with the client and with bike suppliers.
- Bike fitting experience is a must.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Bike fitting training.
- Patience and interest in getting the smallest details right.
• Order and manage inventory of parts.
• Maintain the work space in world-class condition and cleanliness.
• New bike builds.
• Manage and perform all repair and maintenance work on bicycles.
• Customer Service: Assist customers in every aspect of their experience with the store.
• Conduct trainings for new and existing staff.
• Provide mechanic clinics and classes.
Required Experience includes:
• Minimum of 3 years of professional mechanic experience.
• 3 years of customer service experience.
• Ideally, 1 year working with a professional level race team, as a mechanic.
Availability to consistently work weekend hours is mandatory for this position.
Role: Cafe Assistant Manager/Full-Time Barista
We’re looking for a hard-working, friendly, and professional person that will be responsible for making great coffee drinks and working with the Cafe Manager to run the Cafe effectively.
- Place guests above all else to ensure a positive and enjoyable experience in the cafe.
- Make drinks properly and to taste and presentation standards, prepare food and serve customers quickly.
- Work with manager to order food, coffee, and supplies.
- Work with and develop relationships with suppliers.
Food, Drink, and Cafe Preparation & Presentation
- Participate in the development and improvement of menu offerings.
- Experience working as a barista in a high-end, high-paced customer service environment
This is a full-time salaried position—benefits included. We offer competitive salaries in a progressive work environment.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter with resume detailing your background and interest to email@example.com; no applications will be accepted in person.
Role: Part-Time Experienced Barista
The Ride Studio Cafe seeks an experienced barista to work part-time, primarily during weekend shifts but week day shifts are also available. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in providing a great customer experience with an honest smile. You should have at least one year of experience as a barista in an independently-owned cafe; you are also eager to continuously improve your drink-making skill and knowledge.
If you haven’t visited the Cafe, it is a unique bike-centric place, but many people come in who aren’t cyclists. The cafe supports and enhances cycling culture and the experience of riding. The Cafe is a “Ride Central” as a meeting place for cyclists.
The Studio is located in Lexington Center – at the convergence of the bike path, Mass Ave., and Waltham St. RSC makes the perfect spot for any ride to begin, wrap-up, or take a mid-ride fuel-up break.
To apply or learn more, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you. However, do not apply in store, at the Studio; if you’re seriously interested in working with us, please apply by email. Thanks!