We’re hiring more people at Ride Studio Cafe! We’re looking for friendly, smart, career-oriented people to join the RSC group.
The Ride Studio Cafe is a combination high-end bike studio and coffee-bar located in Lexington, Massachusetts. Lexington is a short 10-minute drive from Arlington Center and about 25 minutes from Somerville’s Davis Square.
Role: Experienced Barista
We are seeking an experienced barista.
The Ride Studio Cafe seeks an experienced barista to work part-time or full-time. Weekend and week day shifts are available. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in providing a great customer experience with an honest smile. You should have at least one year of experience as a barista in an independently-owned cafe; you are also eager to continuously improve your drink-making skill and knowledge.
Role: Professional Mechanic & Service Manager
Join our team if you’re interested in working with a small group of dedicated and knowledgeable bike people, and if the following aspects of bike shop life are exciting to you:
- This mechanic position is full-time.
- Flexible schedule: You can work any days; weekends not necessary.
- Compensation: Opportunity to make the highest mechanic compensation based on experience, ability, and preferred schedule.
- High end bikes: About 95% of the bikes we service are high-end — Di2, hydraulic brakes, Dura Ace, Red — and cutting edge technology.
- Many new bike builds: We sell Seven Cycles and Honey Bikes.
- Benefits: Excellent package including health insurance, flexible work schedule, bike parts at cost, free cafe drinks, and more.
- Management: You manage and co-develop the service department.
- Nationally renowned: Written about in Bicycling Magazine, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, and numerous newspapers. Seven Cycles’ number one global retailer. Honey Bikes biggest retailer.
- Choice of two locations: Lexington, MA and/or Sherborn, MA
Other duties include:
- Ordering and managing parts and tools
- Customer Service: Assist customers in every aspect of their experience with the store.
- Conduct trainings for new and existing staff.
- Provide mechanic clinics and classes.
Required Experience includes:
• Minimum of 3 years of professional mechanic experience.
• 3 years of customer service experience.
• Ideally, 1 year working with a professional level race team, as a mechanic.
Role: Bike Fit Specialist
We are seeking a professional bike fitter.
Bike Fit Specialist Mission: Ensure that clients receive the best and most appropriate bike fitting service for increasing their cycling enjoyment. Be the preferred source for high-end bikes and the improvement of riding performance and engagement. Create client champions that sustainably grow Ride Studio Cafe’s place in the cycling community.
Bike Fitting: The Fit Specialist’s basic function is to perform all the bike fittings for new bike sales and re-fittings on riders’ existing bikes. Maintain a neat and organized fit work area. Set and manage the schedule for client appointments.
Consultative Selling: Responsible for selling bikes, merchandise, and services offered at the store. Understand customer needs and use customer-centered selling skills to address those needs. Build brand loyalty, and grow repeat customer base by developing trust, providing personal accessibility, and offering desirable product lines.
Customer Service: Assist customers in every aspect of their experience with the store to ensure an unparalleled shopping experience. Ensure that our clients prefer working with Ride Studio Cafe over any other store.
Secondary Responsibilities: Bike Mechanic Expertise: When needed, perform repair and maintenance work on bicycles; clean and detail bikes as requested. Ensure all equipment and tools are functional, safe, and clean.
The Studio is located in Lexington Center – at the convergence of the bike path, Mass Ave., and Waltham St. RSC makes the perfect spot for any ride to begin, wrap-up, or take a mid-ride fuel-up break.
To apply or learn more, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you. However, do not apply in store, at the Studio; if you’re seriously interested in working with us, please apply by email. Thanks!