Organized Special Rides Beyond Studio Weekly Rides
Ride (fully supported by RSC) to Mt. Greylock Saturday, June 29th, ride back Sunday, June 30th. Stay at Bascom lodge at the highest point in Massachusetts. Rest your weary legs – it’s hilly between here and there! This is our longest, funnest, most special ride yet and we hope you’ll be there! Details as we have them today are found here: http://ridestudiocafe.com/highpoint/
In preparation for the Highpoint Ride, we’re offering a series of training rides that all begin and end at the Studio. You are invited to all of these rides even if you do not plan to participate in the Highpoint weekend.
Here is a list of rides:
Saturday, June 1 – Done!
- Matt Nunnelly, RSC Racer, is leading an 87-mile ride to Hollis, NH that’s leaving at 8:50 (Matt, note the 10-minute time change). The pace will be a steady 17mph (this is fairly fast considering the terrain and distance). This is a drop ride. Bring money for lunch in Hollis. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/
- A shorter 67-mile ride that’s not quite as quick is leaving at 9am. Ride Studio Cafe racers and club members will lead, but don’t worry about getting dropped from this one so long as you can maintain a 15 mph average pace: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/
2602899 (There will be a sweeper, no drop.)
Sunday, June 2 – Done!
- Ready for a century? We’re not so that’s why we are attempting one Sunday with the destination being Hollis, NH: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/
2602822 Led by Patria of RSC, it will be a rolling average of 15mph and we’ll stop in Hollis for food. Ride departs at 8:30am. Bring 2 spare tubes, extra CO2 cartridges and more food than you’d typically ride with. Two large water bottles are a requirement.
June 8, Saturday: It’ll be raining so we’ll do the ride on Sunday, June 9th when it should be 78 degrees and sunny!
June 9, Sunday: 7am start (RSC opens specially for riders at 6:30) -
- 120 mile training ride. The route is called Redemption Rock, it’s a 125 mile challenging spin around Mt Wachusett. Total elevation gain is 8,900 feet. There will be two speed groups – 15mph average led by Pamela Blalock and a quicker group, speed TBD. Take a look and notice the food and water stops: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2643904
- June 15, Saturday: Distance 91 miles, 5000 feet of climbing. Ride leaves from RSC at 7am, we will open early at 6:30 for riders. Route: LostLake_Hrvrd_91. If you’re not up for the whole thing, the Harvard General Store is at mile 43 and an easy return to the Studio is 20 miles long from there. The leader will be doing the full 91, however.
- June 22nd, Sunday: Highpoint extra special training ride: 52 miles of paceline training, rider safety training, good cycling behavior, and proper etiquette. This is highly recommended training for cyclists at all levels to learn to ride faster, safer and smoother.
Don’t Forget Our Other Rides:
- Studio Weekly Rides: The Studio leads a series of weekly rides during the season including a Thursday morning weekly women’s social ride.