Intermediate late afternoon mountain bike rides now part of our weekly line-up. Check back here for news on this ride.
We need to receive an RSVP from you at least a day prior to the ride. Our ride leader goes out most Saturdays, but with the weather & season, we need to know who to expect in advance.
Dec 29th – No ride.
These weekly gatherings are mountain bike rides to Landlocked Forest.
Magnificent Mountain Bike Ride
|Type of ride||Mountain and single track|
|Departing from||Ride Studio Cafe|
|Departing time||2 pm|
|Estimated time in the saddle||2 hrs|
|Distance||About 11-13 miles|
|Average speed||7 mph|
A few hills & local trails are rocky and somewhat technical.
We ride together, but come prepared to ride at a moderate pace.
|Rain information||Check here for weekly details. We don't ride in the rain or if the trails are too wet.|
|Coordinators||Email questions to: email@example.com|
What to bring:
- Mountain Bike – one that is suitable for technical single track
- Front & Rear Lights – The sun is setting earlier and the woods get dark earlier than that. We have some at the Studio if you need them.
- Warm clothing in layers: It is helpful if you can tear off layers as needed.
- Water – we tend to sweat more in the woods than on the road, so you will want to drink more too
- Tool kit including at least one appropriate tube
- Sense of adventure. Not all trails are open and rideable, so any trail closures that we encounter will be viewed as an opportunity to explore different terrain
- If you need any mechanical help, or service of any kind, stop by early; we’re happy to help with anything you need on the fly.
- We have demo bikes available if you’d like to try one during the ride. Call ahead so we can have something ready.
Waiver: RSC requires a signed waiver before your first ride. We will have waivers at the Studio for you to complete and sign, and you can review a copy of our waiver here.
Parking: If you’re driving to participate in the ride, make sure that you do not park in the Lemon Grass restaurant parking lot; you will get towed. Fortunately, there is a ton of parking in the area–and it is really inexpensive.
By the way, here’s where you can find our comprehensive list of weekly rides.
We hope to see you there–or somewhere out in the woods. If you have questions, email or call (339) 970-0187.