Tuesday Social Pace Ride @10am
UPDATE: The ride is happening on Oct. 14th, after that it’s suspended for a few weeks. We’ll update you when it’s back on the calendar.
Led by Pamela Blalock, Tuesday rides are well-chosen routes so as to log scenic miles, have a nice stop for lunch and return to the Studio by 4 pm.
Information about these rides and the route is now tweeted! Follow Pamela @fixie_pixie & the Studio @ridestudiocafe
Tuesday Social Ride
|Type of ride||Road ride
|Day of the week||Tuesdays
|Departing from||Ride Studio Cafe
|Departing time||10 am
|Estimated time in the saddle||Always back by 4pm, a lunch stop is incorporated
|Distance||About 50 - 70 miles
|Difficulty rating||Intermediate. Be ready to ride 60-70 miles, with hills.
|Rain information||Rain or shine, check back here to see if it's canceled for weather or other reasons. Here is the weather of the moment.
|Coordinator||Pamela Blalock - Email: pb at blayleys dot com
All riders are required to read and are expected to abide by These Rules.
What to bring:
- Your helmet, cycling shoes with cleats, and I.D. Riders seem to forget these items more often than you might think.
- Appropriate clothes for changing temperatures.
- Tool kit including at least one appropriate tube. You'll be on your own if you have a mechanical so you'll want to bring an entire tool kit.
- PLEASE BE KIND, if the roads are wet put on a back fender that covers enough of your rear wheel so that no one has to eat road grit!
- LIGHTS. If there's dim sunlight or if the ride begins or ends when the sun isn't shining. Think blinkies!
- Before the ride, if you need any mechanical help, or service of any kind, send us an email and we'll gladly be at the Studio to help with anything you need on the fly.
- We have demo bikes available if you’d like to try one during the ride. Call ahead so we can have something ready.
Waiver: RSC requires a signed waiver before your first ride. Please fill it out online prior to your first ride. You can also do this at the Studio, but better to fill it out in advance.
If you're driving to participate in the ride, make sure that you do not park in the Lemon Grass restaurant parking lot; you will get towed. Fortunately, there is ample parking in the area--and it is really inexpensive.
By the way, here's where you can find our comprehensive list of weekly rides.
We hope to see you there--or somewhere on the road. If you have questions, email or call (339) 970-0187.