2014 Rapha Women’s 100 Presented by Ride Studio Cafe
Ride 100 kilometers or 100 miles with us on July 20th as part of the Rapha Women’s 100.
7/19/14 – *News* Start Times Update:
Note that we just made the starting times a little earlier in the morning. We are also Opening EARLY at 7am so as to allow everyone to get here early, meet, talk, and enjoy some breakfast as well as take a look at the women’s Rapha apparel. We have a special promo happening Sunday! The faster groups are departing beginning at 8:10am (metric and century distances) and the last riders are departing no later than 8:40.
The Rapha Women’s 100 (http://pages.rapha.cc/womens100) is a global event getting thousands of women around the world to ride 100km on the 20th of July wherever they are.
Two distance options are available. The 101-kilometer (metric century/62-mile) option will begin at 8:30am. Ladies who want to ride longer can opt for the 105-mile route, ride will begin at 8:10am. Take a rest at the bottom of Mt. Wachusett or ride up the mountain!
Water and food stops are planned for both rides so come with two full water bottles and some nutrition (the equivalent of a sports bar or two) in your pockets and you should be fine.
All of these rides will depart from Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington Center. If you drive, we advise parking in the public lots.
There will be groups of riders averaging 13-15 mph, 15-16 mph and 17-19 mph offered for both distances.
Also be sure to take photos before, during rest stops on the ride and after! Use hashtag #womens100 and @rapharacing on Twitter or Instagram to document this great day on the bike.
Other Great Reasons to Attend
- We have a very special and unique Rapha apparel promotion just for you on July 20th.
- Receive a discount for a massage with Kimber Green – she is an outstanding massage therapist who practices in Lexington and Somerville who understands what active women and men need.
- Enjoy Enerchi Bites as fuel on the ride – these are well formulated whole food and active nutrition created by local women who ride.
- Meet the RSC Expedition Team – this is a group of six ladies who love to ride and have deep experience in most kinds of riding, racing, juggling work, life and riding, and who are more than happy to answer questions, or simply give you confidence.
- Pro Bike Preparation – How is your bike working? Any day leading up to the ride, anyone registered may have her bike serviced by our pro mechanics. This week we’ll treat your bike to our “Rapha Women’s Ride Pro Bike Prep” service: we’ll adjust your derailleurs, lube your chain, fill your tires with air, and give the bike a safety check – so you’re ready to go on Sunday for $35. Please call ahead so we will expect you (339) 970-0187.
- Have the chance to buy Molly Hurford’s book Saddle, Sore – a book written just for women addressing issues and questions that women have on the bike.
The 2013 version of this ride last year was amazing. We had over 100 women come out to ride bikes together for 100 kms or 100 miles. Here are the photos we took from the event: http://www.flickr.com/groups/rsc-raphawomens100
What to bring?
- Your helmet, riding shoes, I.D and money for food or emergencies.
- Appropriate clothes for changing temperatures.
- Tool kit including at least one appropriate tube. Ride leaders can help you change a flat if one happens.
- Two full, large water bottles. It’ll be hot! Even though we have a food stop built in at mile 30 for the metric century and a few others for the century, bring sports bars or other sources of calories to stay properly fueled in case you need them.
- We’ll ask you to fill out a ride waiver if you’ve never signed one before. Sign it online now to save time the day of the ride.
If you need a pre-ride tune-up or need anything in the way of proper riding clothes, equipment or anything else, please email us in advance (at email@example.com) so we can work with you to have the best ride possible.
Please fill out the form below to RSVP. We’ll be compiling your responses to create something cool to be seen at the start & end of the ride.
Remember to tell your friends! This is a special day to be shared and enjoyed by all ladies who ride bikes.